Construction Dispute Services
The amount of damages sustained by a client is often just as important an issue as establishing
responsibility for actions causing claims. The assistance of a qualified accountant is exceedingly valuable in quantifying damages sustained by a party to a dispute.
Attorneys can challenge the assertions made in claims through a very powerful contractual right contained in most construction contracts. This right is the
'Right of Audit' that is standard in most large construction contracts. As forensic accountants, this allowed us unprecedented access to the subcontractors books and records. This right is far superior to the somewhat circuitous route of subpoenas.
When evaluating a client's or adverse party's claim, we assist the attorney in developing a comprehensive understanding of the costs incurred. Our role is to report on the assertions in a fair and objective manner. Our main analysis involves many of the following procedures:
- Comparison of estimated costs and actual costs in each cost category.
- Evaluation of adjustments made to the bid estimate.
- Review of overhead cost accounts for costs that may be unallowable by contract or law.
- Review of change order pricing, back charges and evaluation of insurance claims.
Our experience in fraud litigation includes investigations at the local, national and international level. Issues that we have encountered include:
- Inflation of "cost" on cost plus fee contracts
- Fraudulent change orders that included fictitious time tickets
- Duplicate billings
- Administrative overcharges
- Fraudulent freight charges
- Ghost employees
- Employee theft
- Bid rigging, kickbacks and bribery
- Inflated payroll overhead cost
Call toll free 866-202-1703 or
Contact Us today.